Home » Kicking off Cybersecurity Awareness Month Like a Champ
Kicking off Cybersecurity Awareness Month Like a Champ
Did you know that October is Cybersecurity Awareness month? We have answered the National Cybersecurity Alliance’s call for cybersecurity champions, because we share the Alliance’s dedication to promoting a safer, more secure and more trusted internet.
Founded in 2004, Cybersecurity Awareness Month, is the world’s foremost initiative aimed at promoting cybersecurity awareness and best practices. Led by the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) and the National Cybersecurity Alliance (NCA), Cybersecurity Awareness month is a collaborative effort between government and industry to raise cybersecurity awareness nationally and internationally.
A 24/7 Mission for Digital Element
It’s important to note that our dedication to cybersecurity isn’t limited to the month of October. Everyday we help security teams across the globe protect their networks against cybersecurity threats and attacks.
Moreover, we work continuously in developing new tools and relationships so that we can provide security teams with more data, insights and tools they need to keep their network and customer data secure. For instance, we recently announced enhancements to Nodify, our threat intelligence solution which provides critical context surrounding VPN traffic, enabling cybersecurity teams to understand the level of threat such traffic poses, as well as set policy around that traffic.
Education is critical to achieving our mission, and in that vein, our employees, recognized domain experts in the field, share their insights on emerging trends and security strategies by authoring white papers, presentations and articles for the benefit of the cybersecurity commission.
In the spirit of raising awareness around cybersecurity, we’ve collected some educational materials for you to access, including:
- The Need for Proxy/VPN Data in Today’s Heightened Cybersecurity State. This white paper looks at the meteoric rise in VPN usage, the new classes of VPNs that have emerged and the risks they pose to corporate security. It also addresses how corporate security teams can apply rules to mitigate those risks.
- How IP Data Can Help Security Professionals Protect Their Networks, an article penned by Jonathan Tomek, VP of Research and Development, Digital Element. In it Jonathan discusses how beefing up security requires a combination of forensic efforts and proactive mitigation.
- How IP address data can bolster cybersecurity for federal agencies and their contractors, an article written by Justin Skogan, Vice President of Enterprise Sales for Digital Element. Justin taps into his deep expertise servicing federal agencies, and highlights areas where they can shore up their cybersecurity in the face of emerging VPN threats.
- VPNs, Remote Working, and Cybercrime: How It Professionals Can Tackle 2022’s Rapidly Growing Threat, another article written by Jonathan Tomek, which goes into some of the specific risks that remote work poses to corporate security.
- Three Ways IP Data Can Enhance Cybersecurity, also by Jonathan Tomek, that provides practical steps security professionals can leverage IP data to improve their cyber security.
Cybersecurity is all of our concern, and we all play a role in promoting a safer, more secure and trusted internet. Together we can achieve those goals.
About Cybersecurity Awareness Month
Cybersecurity Awareness Month is designed to engage and educate public- and private-sector partners through events and initiatives with the goal of raising awareness about cybersecurity to increase the resiliency of the nation in the event of a cyber incident. Since the Presidential proclamation establishing Cybersecurity Awareness Month in 2004, the initiative has been formally recognized by Congress, federal, state and local governments and leaders from industry and academia. This united effort is necessary to maintain a cyberspace that is safer and more resilient and remains a source of tremendous opportunity and growth for years to come. For more information, visit staysafeonline.org/cybersecurity-awareness-month/
We would love to learn more about your specific use case. Please contact one of our experts to discuss how we can best address your unique needs.